I feel that this agency is better than the one I was fostered by before. It is more organised. There are more visits from the staff. It’s just better.Children’s Consultation Fitzgerald Fostering
At Fitzgerald Fostering we believe that every child in foster care, whatever their previous circumstances, has the right to be safe and happy and should be given every opportunity to thrive in a supportive and loving family environment.
How do we achieve this?
Finding and then working closely alongside suitable foster families is key to achieving this; we will support them however and whenever we can to ensure the best outcomes for our foster children and their foster family/carers and birth family.
Our foster carers are our main priority and focus
- We only recruit 3-4 fostering households a year to ensure we always have the capacity to provide the support you need, especially early on in your fostering journey
- We pay some of the best rates in the area – guaranteed
We recognise that every foster carer’s support needs are different
- Whether it be classroom or online training, mentoring calls with other foster carers or social events, you will have the support you need
- Continuity of support is critical – you have your own dedicated Fitzgerald Fostering social worker and access to our 24 hour helpline
With Fitzgerald Fostering you become part of an extended family
- We will welcome you into a supportive network of like-minded foster carers to provide ongoing support and companionship, with regular events throughout the year.
- Whatever the issue, our senior management team are only ever a phone call away
We’re ambitious for ourselves as an agency and for you as foster carers
- We want to continue to grow as an agency but our main yardstick for success is your satisfaction. In 2023 a survey of our carers, 93% said they would recommend us to others.
- We will challenge and support you to develop your skills as a foster carer with regular 1:1 meetings to help plan how we achieve that together
We look at the big picture
- We aim to support your whole family on the fostering journey and offer a range of training to help you achieve this
- Regular reviews with you mean that as your needs change, so does our support
- We will develop the Fitzgerald Foundation in the future as well