Are you looking for an independent fostering agency near Farnborough, Hampshire?
Farnborough is a town located about 44 miles southwest of London, with a population of nearly 80,000 people. It’s a popular place to bring up children, having lots of open green spaces and great transport links to larger cities.
Fitzgerald Fostering & Consultancy Ltd are based in Bracknell, in the neighbouring county of Berkshire, and are just a 25 minute drive from the centre of Farnborough.
About Fitzgerald Fostering
Fitzgerald Fostering and Consultancy Ltd is a small, independent fostering agency that assists individuals in becoming foster carers by providing the necessary support and training. We also help to place children with foster carers, as well as offering consultancy and support services to other foster carers, care providers, and more.
At Fitzgerald Fostering, based near Farnborough, we aim to ensure that children have every opportunity to reach their full potential. The support, supervision, and training our carers receive enables them to meet the challenges of being a foster carer.
With over 50 years of combined experience, owners James Townend and Lesley Fitzgerald are excited to aid others in starting or advancing their journey as foster carers in the Farnborough area.
Child Fostering Services We Provide
We aim to develop and provide a wide range of foster placements for children in Farnborough aged from 0 to 18 years. This includes short term, bridging, emergency, respite, long term foster placements and parent and child placements.
We also provide the following as part of our fostering services:
– Initial screening of potential carers
– Comprehensive home study assessments of potential carers undertaken by qualified, experienced staff
– Completion of required checks and references
– Thorough pre-approval training for carers
– Post approval – completion of the training, support and development standards for foster carers
– Ongoing, post approval training to enable carers to understand the holistic needs of the children they care for
– Provision of experienced foster panels
– Named qualified supervising social worker
– Attendance, support and contributions to meetings and events relating to children placed
– Annual reviews for all approved carers
– 24 hour advice line support
– Carer support groups
– Clear payment system for foster carers
– Considered matching of placements
– Clear policies and procedures relating to practice and care issues
– Membership of Fostering Network.